TERMS OF SERVICE FOR PRIVATE COMMISSIONS
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- Currencies accepted are either USD or Euros and can be paid through PayPal or any european payment service such as bank transfer.
- Commissions can be paid 100% upfront or split 25% upfront and 75% after sketch approval.
- Don’t send any payment before I agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment.
- The time it takes to finish your commission can vary between one week and 3 months, depending on factors like health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work and convention seasons.
- Once the piece is finished, you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size.
- Traditional commissioned pieces are delivered to the address you’ll provide. Note that delivery fees have to be added to the price of the commission.
- You get 3 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece included in the price.
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing – unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you want me to change something in the drawing you have approved previously, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage
- If your reference is unclear to start with, changes will come at an extra charge.
- I, Karell Clara (the artist) :
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- I retain all copyright over the commissioned artwork.
- I will NOT claim the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned artwork.
- I will NOT profit further from the commissoned artwork unless you (the customer) break any of the terms.
- I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications such as artbooks.
- You (the customer/commissioner) :
- You may upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels.
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints, etc.)
- You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist’s) consent.
- You MAY be allowed to sell the artwork if it is a part of an adoptable. Please discuss this with me prior to paying for the artwork.
- You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
- You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
- The following is considered copyright infringement :
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
- Claiming the artwork as your own.
- Altering the artwork without my consent.
- In some cases, the commercial rights to the image may be purchased.
& REFUND POLICY
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission, you will receive a full refund.
- If you getting a refund, do not request a PayPal chargeback, I will transfer the money back to you myself.
- I you request chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund, you will lose all before mentioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply PayPal with our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
WHAT DO YOU GET ?
- Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts).
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work.
- Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece).
- Full-resolution file (approx. 210 x 297 mm at 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file format is usually PNG.